My wife and I pulled into our driveway at 7:00PM this evening from our weekend in San Diego. I'm just now catching up on a few things on the intertubes. While I didn't have a laptop with me in California, I did have my Ipod Touch which has WiFi, so I was able to check my email, comments, and traffic, plus surf for information (like Mitsuwa Marketplace and the Embarcadero / Seaport Village, plus where to buy dry ice for all the stuff that needed to be preserved on the six-hour drive home.
BUT - you can't BLOG from an Ipod Touch. WRITING email is also a no-go. But it was plenty handy to have, plus it provided the soundtrack for the trip, too! Very handy device!
Oh, and the Japanese are some very odd people. In the Mitsuwa Marketplace I saw for sale an $850 toilet seat (marked down from the MSRP of $1,200). It's available on the web for a much more reasonable $686.40. However, for very nearly $700 (or $850 retail), I believe I would be expecting something more than:
- Gentle Aerated, Warm Water, Dual Action Spray with cycling movement and massage feature
- Adjustable water temperature and volume
- Warm air drying with three variable temperature settings
- Automatic air deodorizer
- Convenient wireless Remote Control with large LCD panel
- SoftClose anti-bacterial seat
- Convenient Control Panel
- Heated Seat with Temperature Control
- Docking Station Easy to Install and Clean
And I might never leave the bathroom again.
Either that, or I'd run screaming from it.
You just don't expect to encounter something like that in what is, after all, a grocery store . . . .