A 1962 Jaguar XKE.
But not just any '62 XKE.
Just for shits-'n-giggles I did a little looking and found this:
If I were to win the lottery tomorrow, I would buy this car for the advertised price, drive to Tennessee with a trailer to pick it up, contact Dave Kindig at Kindig-It Design, and drive it there with the following instructions:
1962 Jaguar XKE Series 1 FHC
Full numbers matching car all numbers are pictured in this ad, engine block, head, chassis and transmission number. Purchased in 1974 as a complete driver quality car. In early 1980 it had a low-end driver quality at best repaint in correct factory color (now shows lacquer cracks, dings, shiny but not driver quality some overspray etc…) and the seats were removed to be recovered. The seat tracks were lost and this Jag was never driven again. We purchased a new pair of seat tracks from Welsh Jaguar and bolted the beautifully restored seats back in the car. Stored the past 36 years the engine does not turn over by hand or with a battery, we do not want to force it. This is a great find and very close to rust free with no signs of damage history. Please view all 97 pictures including detailed chassis pictures. Clear TN title and worldwide shipping is available we price our cars to sell and this early correct XKE will have a new owner soon. Aggressively priced for quick sale.
Sold AS IS no warranty. Payment due within 72 hours of auctions end. All sales are final no return or refund.
- When it's done, I want it to still be visibly a '62 XKE
- I want it thoroughly modern in all other respects -
- Modern fuel-injected engine (I'm thinking BMW I-6 with turbo or supercharger)
- Modern six-speed transmission, either manual or manumatic with what Clarkson calls "flappy-paddle" shifter
- Full suspension upgrades to handle the power increase (~400Hp)
- Air conditioning
- Power windows
- Electric-assist power steering (and a smaller, but still wood-rimmed steering wheel)
- Wide tires (tasteful fender flares as necessary)
- Alloy knock-off wheels
- Modern power 4-wheel disc brakes
- Decent sound system (besides the engine)