BY THE NUMBERS: CONCEALEDSo, out of 154,279 permits issued, 1,011 (0.655%) have been revoked.
• Total number of permits in the state as of April 4: 154,279
• Number of permits suspended: 1,785
• Number of permits revoked: 1,011
• Number of women who have a permit: 33,053
• Among women, the 50 to 59 age group has the largest number of permits at 9,050.
• Number of women over the age of 80 who have permits: 177
• Number of men who have a permit: 125,582
• Among men, the 60-69 age group has the largest number of permits at 28,380.
• According to the Arizona Department of Public Safety, some of the revoked or suspended permits may have been reinstated since the state started keeping records in 1994.
• The four counties with the largest number of permits in the state: Maricopa: 81,375; Pima: 25,246; Yavapai: 9,521; Mohave: 8,726
The largest groups taking advantage of concealed carry permits are older men and women.
There are some feisty octogenarian ladies in this state.
Somehow, 33,053 + 125,582 = 154,729